What is ITIL?
ITIL is an acronym for Information Technology Infrastructure Library, is a set of detailed practices for IT service management (ITSM) that concentrate on aligning IT services with the needs of the business. The recent world is more of a combination of corporate business and IT services, and to stay still no matter how hard it is, any company needs to evolve this for standing tall and competitive in this ruthless market.
The Information Technology Infrastructure Library is a set of ITSM practices that are utilized and organized by many high profile organizations like NASA, IBM, etc.
ITIL provides everything from service strategies to continuous improvement, enabling practitioners to not only adapt IT service infrastructure but also prepare for further changes down the line. This creates sustainable productivity for businesses and a better more consistent experience for customers.In simple terms, a person who acquires the ITIL certification can be assured that he is well-versed about the ITIL standards and policies and is capable of maintaining, planning, implementing and ensuring the proper functioning of an IT infrastructure.
Why consider an ITIL Certification?
From the 1980s ITIL has been practiced and remained the mainstream of the standardized practice of supporting, managing and aligning IT service management with the needs for the business. ITIL is governed by AXELOS, which acts as an IT agent and helps to plot the entire journey from customer needs to requirements all the way through continual improvement of services. This is why ITIL certification is widely adopted by many organizations all around the world.
The employees within these organizations should have a deep knowledge of ITIL’s foundation in order to accomplish benefits from its implementation. Many organizations around the world are focussing on the certification of ITIL program to help their employees get ITIL certified and work together with a common goal to achieve more efficiency.
Classification of ITIL certification:
ITIL 4 Foundation Online Training can be classified into five levels that demonstrate the various degrees of mastery of it:
- Level 1 Foundation: This is just a general entry-level certification focusing on the basics of ITIL certification. In this course, students learn how to set up ITIL processes and how to maintain them. ITIL Foundation offers two main subjects: Customer Management and Process Improvement.
- Level 2 ITIL Practitioner: This level has been introduced and implemented in 2016. The ITIL practitioner concentrates on how to start adapting and adopting the ITIL framework during everyday situations and scenarios.
- Level 3 ITIL Intermediate: This level goes into more depth of certification allowing the professional to be familiar with general industry-wide qualification for many prospective IT roles.
- Level 4 ITIL Expert: ITIL 4 elaborates the ITIL scheme in full and enables professionals to know and understand the highly esteemed level of standard ITIL practices.
- Level 5 ITIL Master: This fifth and final certification consists of detailed knowledge of ITIL practices, principles, methods and advanced techniques of ITIL and its supporting management processes. Accomplishing this level of certification will make you feel the best and most valuable in any organization.
Various ITIL practices:
There are 34 practices under ITIL which are subdivided into three categories, and they are – General management practices, Service management practices, and technical management practices. There are 14 practices under general management practices and some of them are Strategy management, Architecture management, Continual improvement, Risk management, Information security management, etc. Service management practices consist of 17 management specific practices and some of them are Service design, Service configuration management, Problem management, Change control, IT asset management, etc. And lastly, technical management practices consist of three practices and they are Deployment management, Infrastructure and platform management, and Software development and management.
Achieving all these levels of ITIL certification will enhance your skill and enable you to manage the IT infrastructure in the most effective way to meet the customer desired outcome. This will also give you confidence and coming across all these methods of ITIL practices will definitely make you vulnerable to your organizations and earn lots of respect.
Benefits of ITIL Certification
- Job Opportunities: Having an ITIL certificate is something every organization is looking after. So if you have this certificate then surely it will add value to your resume and get high chances to get hired by any organization. You can be ITIL certified all by yourself and when any organizations come to know about it, they will surely hire you with a higher pay scale.
- Be Highlighted: Having an ITIL certification not only gives you confidence but also gives you the capability to earn respect from your peers and also your employers. Achieving ITIL certification at an advanced level will enable you to get an advantage over other candidates, and it also proves the employer that you are highly skilled and educated in industrial practices, and attaining training the organization will expect the best from you which will give you a long time job satisfaction and growth.
Long Term Assistance:
- In this current world of advancement and competition it is necessary to enhance your skills regularly to be up to the mark in terms of career growth. But pursuing Masters or getting certified in any course may lead to a waste of time as well as revenue since we are not sure of its long term acceptance to the world. But get certified with ITIL will be beneficial in your professional career because when it comes to the IT field, Its service management will always be an extemporary work for any organization no matter how advanced the society gets. So getting certified with ITIL will always benefit you in your professional career.
Requirements Under ITIL
Requirements states that in order for a person to be able to start their own business as an ITIL certified person, they will need to undergo a three year training course. In the course, they will learn about different subjects, such as ITIL ethics and how it is very important for one to follow the rules in order to help people understand how information technology works. They will also learn about the different fields of information technology that exist today. Information technology includes applications, computer systems, software, networks and other hardware and devices used to store, process and transmit data. If you want to work in this field, then you will need to get certified by one of the many colleges and universities that offer ITIL courses.
The best way to get into ITIL training is to join one of the many colleges or universities that offer information technology education courses. Once you are enrolled, then you will have to wait until your college has found the courses that they are offering for you to start working. They will inform you of all the information technology courses that are required for you to get your license so that you know what you need to do. There is no limit to what kind of information technology course that you may take, and there are many courses out there that you can take in order to gain experience before you decide where you want to work.
How to get an ITIL certification and how much it will cost?
There are several ways in which you can study for ITIL exams. You may want to enroll in an ITIL course from a reputed training provider so that you can learn all about it in the best possible manner. When choosing a reputed training provider, look for their years of experience and also make sure that the institute under consideration is affiliated with some reputed organizations like IT Infrastructure Organization (ITO) and Association for Information Technology (AIT) – these organizations undertake most ITIL Certification Cost and Mode of Exam Study courses. Some of these institutes also offer ITIL Foundation exams, which are a great way to gain ITIL Plus certification. Generally it will cost you around Rs. 15000 in India and outside India, approx $275.
Axelos has the ownership of ITIL and it maintains the ITIL framework and accredits training and examinations. Many ITIL Accredited Training Organizations (ATOs) are available that deliver training, and also ITIL certification exams. Certification exams may be conducted at the end of the training or depending on the individual examination institute, which works directly with the ATOs. ITIL uses a credential system for the foundation through an expert level, in which each certification earns a certain number of credits. A total of 22 credits is required to get an expert ITIL certification. To conquer the world by getting an ITIL certification, enroll yourself today and live a long term satisfactory professional life working in any organization.