Bhutan is one of the most sought after destinations to go for a biking expedition. The Land of the thunder dragon offers some of the best views of the Himalayas. Many of the bikers travel to Bhutan every year to witness the scenic landscapes, quiet monasteries, lush greenery, sparkling rivers, vibrant culture, and the great Himalayas. A bike trip to Bhutan is a once in a lifetime experience. if you are planning to go on road trip then you must have to use off road helmet
Best Time to Visit
The country of Bhutan is one of the best places to go for a bike expedition outside India but also nearby. The lush green country can be visited at any point in time during the year. However, the best time to visit Bhutan is during the spring and summer season. Meaning the best time to visit Bhutan is from the months of March to May, which can be extended till June as well. During this period, the weather remains pleasant along with comfortable temperature ranges and a clear view of the Himalayas. It is advisable that one should not go on a bike trip to Bhutan during the monsoon season. The Bhutan season is influenced by the Indian monsoons meaning that the country receives heavy rainfall during the season. The heavy rain makes the bike trip really difficult and risky so we should use axel helmets for safety. Due to the same reason, the flow of tourists also thins during the monsoon. The other best time to visit Bhutan is from the months of September to November. The pre-winter season is a perfect time to explore the beauty of Bhutan. After November, the snow starts to fall and during the winters the highlands of Bhutan are covered in thick snow.
- It is mandatory to obtain all kinds of permits before the start of the bike trip to Bhutan. One must be very careful and must fulfill all the formalities related to the permits in due time as the authorities of Bhutan are really strict about these documents.
- The laws in Bhutan regarding the use and consumption of any kind of toxic material is very strict. It is advised that you should not use or consume any kind of toxic materials during your bike trip to Bhutan as it may lead to some serious problems. There may even be legal action taken against you if you are found violating this law.
- Make sure that your health is in good condition and if by chance you are facing any kind of health issue, then it is advised that you immediately inform your tour operator.
- Be an environmentally friendly traveler and make sure that you always carry a bag to dispose of your waste.
- Kindly refrain from getting involved in any kind of activity that might be against the laws and regulations of Bhutan.
- It is prohibited to carry any kind of sharp object or weapon during your bike trip to Bhutan.
- Carry all your necessary documents with you and make sure that you present your necessary documents such as id-proof and permit to the authorities in Bhutan when asked to do so.
- Kindly refrain from making any kind of fun or mockery out of any religious belief or culture as the people are concerned & sensitive towards their religious beliefs and identities.
- Kindly avoid the use of plastic materials as much as possible. And if by chance you have to use plastic during your bike trip, then make sure that you do not leave it here and there and dispose of it in a proper manner.
- It is advised that you should refrain from doing any kind of activity that might cause some harm to nature. Be a responsible and environmentally conscious rider.
- Please refrain from wandering off without your group. Kindly stay with the group and adhere to the instructions of your tour guide.
- It is advisable to not litter around when on a bike trip to Bhutan. Be an environmentally conscious traveler.
- It is advisable to not pass any kind of negative or bad comments on your fellow riders. If by chance you are facing any such kind of issues, then inform your tour operator, who will take immediate action regarding the same.
This is all about the bike trip to Bhutan. Travel safely and responsibly.